A two-day overview of the essentials of procurement from end-to-end, exploring the various ways each process can add value.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be equipped with:
- An understanding of the procurement process from end-to-end, with a particular focus on how value is added with each component. Within this, delegates will also understand how the role of procurement is far more intensive than straightforward transactional purchasing.
- A look at appropriate demeanour and approach when going out to tender and dealing with suppliers, and how to mitigate potential risks posed by supplier behaviour.
- The ability to identify and separate the tools used to engage the market, such as Requests for Information and/or Proposals, and ultimately the usage of those systems.
- An understanding of how expertise in the procurement field is ultimately essential, particularly around how that expertise is applied.
- The ability to demonstrate and define value by implementing a variety of evaluation tools and theories.